A premium quality, unleaded compound containing copper flake, graphite, and other natural extreme pressure and anti-wear additives. KOPR-KOTE’s solids package is formulated to prevent excessive circumferential makeup by increasing the coefficient of friction under compressive forces. As stress levels rise above 50% of yield, the friction factor increases, limiting downhole makeup. Full hydraulic joint efficiency is maintained allowing joint shoulder faces to mate completely without standoff or deformation.
For invert or high-pH muds, use Jet-Lube® EXTREME®. For wedge-type thread connections, use NCS-30® ECF™ for best thread-wear protection.
- Aluminum-complex grease base protects against rust and corrosion
- Unequaled resistance to makeup downhole
- Not classified as a marine pollutant
- Contains no lead or zinc
- Extreme-pressure additives provide additional protection against seizing and galling and allow consistent make-up
- 1.15 standard service (Relative to API RP 7G)
- 1.25 very severe service
- Environmental Rating: UK CEFAS OCNS Group B
- NSF Registered H2
- DOT approval CA2004080025
- Conforms to API RP7G torque charts
- Approved by NAM/Shell for under-balanced drilling applications
- 0°F to 450°F
- -18°C to 232°C